Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Weekend at the Holiday Inn

I just received my Intercontinental Group Priority Privilege card last week so I wanted to try it out. Jake and I badly needed some time together since my work has been very demanding recently and Jake's been spending a lot of time in training over the week. So we checked in Sunday night at the Holiday Inn Galleria Manila for some de luxe "us" time.

We arranged to meet at two but I was late (and was profusely sorry to be, believe me babe). I've been in this hotel before when it was still Manila Galleria Suites. It's quite improved as a Holiday Inn but it's very casual. We had a corner room with windows facing the Wack-Wack Golf & Country Club, Greenhills and a sunset view. We can even see the Bataan Peninsula from our room. My account manager originally booked for a twin bed room but I told her to get me a king-size bed for obvious reasons, but she was all oblivious to it.

Jake had to run to an audition for a musical and I was left in the room all by myself. So what's a guy to do with a hotel room all by himself? Play Sponge Bob Collapse of course! I went for a bit of grocery shopping, too. We discovered that at Mickey's Deli in Robinson's Galleria, they had gourmet sandwiches at 50% after 7pm. It was a neat deal, I bagged four sandwiches for us for less than 200 pesos.

Jake wasn't back until around 9pm. At least his dance company made it. He was also set for another audition for a TV ad the next day. The sandwiches didn't seem to be enough for the hungry Jake (who also ate my sandwich) so we ordered pizza. After some pizza and a hot bubble bath (which didn't have enough bubbles), you know how the night ended. And yes, in full view of Mandaluyong, Quezon City and San Juan.

We checked out the pool but it's not a welcoming sight. Could've been better. The breakfast was good though. I've tried better buffet breakfasts before (like Shangri-la in Mactan. Yum!) but this breakfast was not bad. And Jake and I are both breakfast people, but we take it at a different time. Like 12 noon. We really struggled to make it to the resto before 10 am. There were quite a handful of people for a Monday morning.

In the end it was a nice way of spending some time together. We really had a nice sleep. Next time we'll try to crash in earlier so that we'll get a longer sleep.

No comments: