Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine's Day, Anniversary and Welcome-Back Date of Sorts

As I have already mentioned, I was elsewhere in Asia for the past two weeks and I didn't get to spend Valentine's Day with Jake. People say it's cliché (they're usually single when they say so) but it would have been nice to take Jake out for dinner like all couples in love do. So that's exactly what we did when I got back yesterday. And guess what; it was also our anniversary! So it was a triple celebration that deserved special arrangements.

Although I was tired from my trip and Jake had training in the evening, I managed to convince him to skip training and spend the rest of his day with me. We spent the later part of the afternoon doing something that I missed doing during the past two weeks. You know what that is.

And then we went out for dinner. Jake and I are big gourmands (but we're very much fit) and we enjoy eating at good restaurants, fine dining if we have the resources, and this is something that we like doing together. We also don't mind hole in the wall restaurants as long as they come recommended. That night we were choosing between Crustasia and all time favorite Cyma. In the end, both of us were craving for salad and Cyma won.

We had their much hyped spinach and potato (or was it cheese) fondue which the waitress famously recommended. I'd say it wasn't really exquisite but it was great tasting nonetheless.

And then we shared a solo serving of Roka Salata which is officially Boyd and Jake's Favorite Salad Dish Ever. The dressing was fantastic.

Jake got Bifteka a.k.a. Greek wagyu beef hamburger. The beef was good. The feta cheese with basil was divinely inspired. Anything with feta for me is delicious.

I got the "Greek Chicken Adobo". It didn't start out well but when you get to the center of this half-a-chicken, it was yummy. But really, I expected more oomph out of it. Next time I'll stick to Moussaka.

We dropped by Secret Recipes to check out the cake. It was funny because I was just in KL the day before and we saw about half a dozen Secret Recipes stores and we didn't even bother checking them out. Well they're in Manila anyway!

It was a fun night and I'm happy to be able to spend time with Jake again. And since I'm getting a raise, a bonus and a promotion, there's another reason to celebrate this weekend! Maybe a relaxing massage for two? :)

2 comments:

loudcloud said...

me loves Cyma but every time we go there the staff become complete twats. and we always give good tips despite the lousy demeanor because the food is neat. haha

Boyd said...

depende siguro sa time and which branch. they're very professional at shangri-la and one of the waiters post-dinnertime is hot!

sa greenbelt, sometimes i think something's up their asses or their noses. hahaha. snot, maybe.