Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fight or Flight

Last Saturday started out fun and cool. We both woke up late at around 12nn and I called him up asking what his plans were for the day. He told me that he was just going to the dermatologist to get a facial. So I told him that I would just go to the gym and we'd meet up afterwards. He was telling me that he wanted to take me to the carnival. Sounds like a lot of fun.

After gym, I was about to text him when suddenly my phone's keyboard would not respond. I turned it off and tried turning it on again but since the powerswitch is on the keyboard itself, it wouldn't turn on. I was stressed out with the situation because I couldn't contact Jake. So I went down and looked for a payphone and tried calling him up but he wouldn't answer. So I went to the mall where he had his facial.

When I got there, I tried calling him again and finally he picked up and told me that he was still at the dermatologist's. While waiting for him, I passed by the Globe Business Center to have my phone checked since they issued the phone to me. They gave me a number and I went back to Jake's derma.

Finally he was done but I had to wait for quite a while. And then we passed by the service center to have my phone repaired. Globe issued me a warranty certificate so that I wouldn't have to pay for the repair. Unfortunately I have to leave my phone with them because apparently it was a chipboard error or something.

I was kinda pissed about all this and was wanting to take my mind off it so I asked him what his plan was. And he just kept on telling me that he doesn't know, in a pa-cute way, and he kept on calling me Mr. Sungit. (And he usually calls me that). And then he asked why I was being Mr. Sungit, and I answered back in a louder than usual voice that I'm annoyed because he keeps on bugging me and he's not helping out.

You know the relief that you feel when you finally get to let go of something off your chest and the the immediate feeling of guilt afterwards? That's how I felt. He walked a bit faster than I did and stopped talking to me on our way out of the mall. Geez, I'm in big trouble.

He didn't even let me drive him to his place because he was planning to change. He took a taxi and told me to meet him at his apartment. So I did.

Obviously the carnival idea was not great so we went to Greenbelt instead to have dinner and watch a movie. He was not talking to me at all in the car and when we were in the mall, I thought that we have to resolve this or talk about this or else we will both ruin the night. I took him to the alley on the side of Topshop (Mix) and talked to him and asked him why he was mad at me. And he didn't say anything. And I asked him if he was mad because I shouted. And he said I guess. And I explained why I shouted. And I said that I was sorry. And he told me to just give him time. And that was that.

He was not his usual self for the rest of the night, though. He didn't even have dinner. He told me that he wasn't hungry. And then he wasn't laughing at the film we were watching but he said that he found it funny. But at least he was leaning his head on my shoulder and he was holding my hand and that means that we were really OK.

We also took a walk to the newly opened Greenbelt 5. Really pretty I should say. And then we went home.

I decided to spend the night at his place and the morning after was one of the best wake up moments I've had with him because the old him was back and it's really over.

We went to SOMS, one of our favorite restaurants, to have a kiss-and-make-up lunch and went grocery shopping at Power Plant. I took him home and then went home myself. I haven't been home for 24 hours!

Fighting is really scary but I think it's normal and healthy. I wouldn't want to keep this issue inside me and then lash out at him in the future. But I'm not say I want to go through anything like this petty fight anytime soon, nor ever again!

2 comments:

loudcloud said...

conflict is everywhere even the best of relationships.

after the turbulence is the great calm, in which both of you can relish, listening at each other's tender breathing. cheers!

Boyd said...

oh you found me? that was quick ;) welcome to my new home. and meet jake! :p