Saturday, January 12, 2008

Life with Boyd and Jake... and Kat?!


My 24/7 access to Jake apartment is finally over.

Just when I thought that this year is going to be one hell of a great year for sex for Jake and me, his cousin, Kat, finally decides to move in! This has been in discussion since last year but I just wasn't ready to be so unceremoniously written off as a house guest once Kat moved in.

The circumstances that brought this along were that Jake's apartment is not his but his grandparents' and that it happens to be nearer Kat's office.

The good thing though about this situation is that there would be a woman in the house. Meaning, someone would care about the cleanliness, order, and general welfare of the house. Jake, though concerned, is sometimes too lazy to clean up and can't afford a renovation. I'm willing to have the place torn down and redecorated if it were mine and if I live there. But Kat, the interior designer that she is, seems very keen on doing something about this... uhm, mess. And that's understating it.

Fortunately, Kat has weird work hours and weekly schedules and we'd have windows for some cuddling but I definitely cannot stay there overnight. And that's the worst news of all.

Hopefully she'll warm up to me so that finally we can tell her that I'm with Jake and when we sleep together, we don't just literally sleep... Or maybe not. Maybe we should just spare her the experience of having to thing about THAT everytime I drop by. Maybe I should just pretend that I really just sleep over there to really sleep and that's that. I wonder if she can cook a brilliant breakfast...

Anyway, I'm sure she's a streetsmart girl (the three of us went to the same university for one thing) and she already knows what's going on between me and Jake. I mean, I was there on the morning when she moved in! Good thing I had a shirt on!

And also, she's a devout Christian, as in the Bible-bearing type. And I don't want to know her opinion on same-sex relationship because I pretty much know the gist of it.

For now, she doesn't seem to be a threat. She actually comes across as a potential great addition to our life as a couple. I mean for the short time that I've known her and from what Jake has told me, she's a cool, funny, and happy girl. Which makes me want to be her friend. But I really don't know if Jake and I should tell her about the two us. I wonder how Life with Boyd and Jake will be like with Kat around....

But first, do we really, really need to be very honest with her?

No comments: