Monday, January 21, 2008

It's all good


Bati na kami.

After a dramatic night that listed a walk-out and silent treatment among its more conspicuous details, all ended well thanks to Mrs. Lovett's meatpie last night.

I kept thinking about it the whole afternoon yesterday. It's so petty. Yet I can't help but be hurt and go through a self-pity period. I've been thinking how much I've sacrificed for this relationship and I thought that I didn't deserve any of this shit. But I realized afterwards how selfish I was to think that way because this relationship wouldn't survive without him sacrificing.

I've always lived by the rule of not sleeping on an argument and not holding back on the truth because letting a night pass without talking through a problem would only make you dwell on it more. The problem was, Jake was already sleeping while the "argument" was in progress. But I resolved to be completely honest to him about it the next day.

I got the usual explanation: mood swing. And I've also resigned to the fact that he is one moody guy and I just have to live with it. But the magic about it is that even though I'm also moody, we're never moody at the same time. Usually, he'll catch me in a bad mood and he'll cheer me up and then he'll get tired of cheering me up and then he ends up moody and then I feel guilty about being such a grump and I'll cheer him out of his moodiness. And then everyone's happy!

I was getting worried because things like this have happened too often recently but decided not to draw inferences from it and conclude a trend. Because trending is leading and it will only make my aura worse. So, I conclude that we only had a bad few weeks and things are looking rosier.

We skipped our first year and fifth month anniversary dinner at Edsa Shangri-La and saved it for a later date when we're both in a great mood. We just saw Sweeney Todd at Shangri-La Plaza. What a great way of ending a "fight". With demon barbers and meatpies.

No comments: