Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Boyd and Jake

I think that the best way to celebrate my birthday is to share my blessings with the people I love. I have been particularly blessed this last year and I'm very thankful for it this is my chance to thank the people who have made my life so blessed.

My college friends called for a reunion at my friend's house and they said that I was in charge of food, along with another friend who was celebrating her birthday on the same week. Of course I said yes, so I had six boxes of pizza delivered and the party got started. There were games even! So much fun! We were like college kids again. Hahaha. Jake and I rested for a while testing out my new digital SLR camera - my gift to myself, hehe - and then people called us out in the garden. And they has cake for us and everybody was singing Happy Birthday! Jake and I blew the candles so many times, I dunno why my friend kept on lighting it everytime we blew it. And we had an icing smudgefest! Hehehe. That was fun.

The next day, I was texting with Jake's college faghag and organized an early morning birthday surprise for Jake in school. I brought cake and they made sure Jake came to school - which almost failed - and then I waited inside their classroom for a while. Jake almost blew his own surprise by being too stubborn and deciding not to go to class in the morning. But I guess they forced him to really come and he did and he was really surprised that I was there! At least it worked! I've always wanted to do that (surprise my boyfriend) and guys, I'm telling you, it feels soooo good! You should do it, too!

I woke up early enough for lunch on the day of my birthday and Jake and I decided to have a late lunch date. Jake didn't have class so I was guessing he was taking his time to get to where we were supposed to meet. He was actually 30 minutes late but I decided not to dwell on it since it was my birthday and I didn't want our moods ruined. So we had more pizza and hopped to the next restaurant for dessert. I took a table outside and waited for him while he ordered. When the orders came, I was surprised that balloons came with it. And then it hit me that I was being surprised too! So I was really surprised. Hehe. I wasn't really expecting it!!! Well, duh, if I did, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore.

At the office, I had food prepared for late lunch and everybody agreed that my mom is a good cook! I'm so proud of my mom and it's so nice of her to have lovingly prepared this feast for me.

The next day after a meeting, my teammates surprised me again with another cake and a feast of Japanese food.

And then the next day, Jake and I had a joint bash for our friends in Makati. Everyone was so drunk, they went home crawling, if not being dragged! Hahahaha!

And finally on the ninth day of the birthday week, I had a quiet dinner party at home with my family and relatives and there was so much food, I wish I invited the neighbors too!

That was really the best birthday of my life... so far :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Happy Birthday! Hope my greeting didn't came too late.

Sweet sweet couple... my bf does his own surprise thingies too. But I guess he needs to learn from you, not that I'm complaining. hahaha!

Happy happy!

Boyd said...

thanks fratboyinthecloset :) i didn't know that you have a boyfriend! you never told me :p

loudcloud said...

happy birthday boyd and jake! whew! i thought this blog got abandoned! what a relief that it isn't! hahaha.

cheers and a million more to come your way!

Boyd said...

hahaha. sorry, i just like taking long hiatuses. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I didn't? Well, its kinda complicated anyways... hehe. We could double date if you want. hehehehe!

Take care! Good to know that you're back. Mwah!

Boyd said...

a double date sounds great :)